New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Foreign Entity Question for consulting business

Asked by: ctc  — 4 July, 2012

NJ LLC partners (consulting business) have decided to maintain sep.offices/P&L centers. One partner resides in PA – his clients are in CA, MD and NJ. Does the PA partner need to have a foreign entity presence in PA? NJ office has clients in NJ, NY and PA.

Answered by: admin  — 4 July, 2012

Dear Visitor,

By having an office in Pennsylvania, your business creates a nexus in the state. Other factors that would require a foreign entity would be if the business has employees or property in another state, as well as when you conduct much of your business in person.

So if your partner maintains an office in PA (even if it’s a homeoffice) it would be a good idea to register the LLC as a Foreign Entity in Pennsylvania.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0