Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Foreign citizen wants to incorporate

Asked by: Alejandro - 8 February, 2011 Foreign citizen want to incorporate, without work visa i can work in my corporation from my home in my country? I only have b1 b2 visa.
Answered by: Alec Green - 22 February, 2011

Dear Alejandro,

Although you may not be able to work for your American company without a proper visa (we are not sure if it is possible to work for your American company while located abroad), you will be able to receive profits as a direct distribution in an LLC or as dividends if you start a corporation. We caution you, however, that without a permanent resident alien card (the "greencard") you cannot start a subchapter S corporation, but only a C corporation in the US. You can read our article on the differences between the S-corporation and the C-corporation to understand the differences.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!