Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Foreign citizen from Hong Kong investing in the US

Asked by: ling - 25 March, 2012 Hi, I am a foreign citizen in Hong Kong. I would like to invest in real estate in Maryland. What is the best way to open a company to do such business?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 25 March, 2012 Dear Ling,

The best way to open a company that would hold an investment property in Maryland is to form a Maryland LLC. It doesn't matter that you are a foreigner - it is possible to form the company and to obtain an EIN for it, without any documents or your physical presence in the US.

The only reason why you might want (need) to come to the US is if you want to open a bank account in the US for this LLC. However, if you choose to do the banking in Hong Kong then you would need to order a certified copy of Articles of Organization with Apostille and use it in Hong Kong to open the bank account for this US LLC.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!