Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

F1 international student to start a online business in USA

Asked by: raj - 5 August, 2011 I am an international student on F1 visa.I Want to start an online business in USA. Is it legal to register an online business in USA?
Answered by: Alec Green - 5 August, 2011 Raj,

Regardless of your status, you can own shares or membership interest in any US company (as long as its not S-Corporation).

That means you can own an LLC or Corporation, as an example, and run your online business using this entity. Keep in mind though that your immigration status might not permit you to be employed by your own company, however it might permit you to draw dividends.

Bottom line is, I would recommend you to consult an immigration attorney and an accountant before drawing any profits from the business. However, there should be no problem with you owning the entity.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!