Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

EIN number for non-US-owned C-Corp

Asked by: sanketh - 10 December, 2012 I am Indian citizen having a one person Delaware C Corp. I want to apply for EIN number. Can I apply for an EIN number on the name of US resident employee of my company?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 10 December, 2012 Sanketh,

The IRS are asking for a "company representative" on its EIN application. Typically that means member or manager for LLC and officer/director/shareholder for corporation.

If your employee is an officer of the corporation then I see no reason why not use him as company representative for the purpose of obtaining EIN. Keep in mind though, you can also be listed as company representative, without the need of specifying your US tax ID (which I presume you do not have).


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!