Domesticate my Florida business in Nebraska

Asked by: Kristie Vanthul  — 2 April, 2012

I have a FL LLC and I want to domesticate it in NE. I have tried asking numerous accountants and no one has been able to help me. I have also tried the secretary of state and got no where with the either. Can you please help me?

Answered by: admin  — 2 April, 2012


As entity domestications can be a somewhat complicated process, I myself had to conduct a fair amount of research which also included calling the state offices. Fortunately, this process is a little quicker and easier for an LLC than it is for a corporation.

In order to domesticate your business from Florida in Nebraska, the following steps would be required in a particular order:

– Present a recently issued (less than 30 days prior) Certificate of Good Standing from Florida to the Nebraska state offices,
– Submit the application for domestication along with the state filing fee,
– Amend the EIN to reflect new company domicile,
– File the dissolution paperwork with Florida state along with appropriate state fees

– Typically new LLCs in Nebraska are required to do newspaper publication regarding their formation. I would have to research further if such requirement also applies to domesticated LLCs, but I would suggest to count that in, just in case.

Keep in mind that you will need to specify a registered agent with a physical Nebraska address on the domestication application, so you would want to make sure you have that detail worked out and set up prior to submitting any applications.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0