Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Domesticate my Florida business in Nebraska

Asked by: Kristie Vanthul - 2 April, 2012 I have a FL LLC and I want to domesticate it in NE. I have tried asking numerous accountants and no one has been able to help me. I have also tried the secretary of state and got no where with the either. Can you please help me?
Answered by: Ray Albert - 6 April, 2012 Kristie,

As entity domestications can be a somewhat complicated process, I myself had to conduct a fair amount of research which also included calling the state offices. Fortunately, this process is a little quicker and easier for an LLC than it is for a corporation.

In order to domesticate your business from Florida in Nebraska, the following steps would be required in a particular order:

- Present a recently issued (less than 30 days prior) Certificate of Good Standing from Florida to the Nebraska state offices,
- Submit the application for domestication along with the state filing fee,
- Amend the EIN to reflect new company domicile,
- File the dissolution paperwork with Florida state along with appropriate state fees
- Typically new LLCs in Nebraska are required to do newspaper publication regarding their formation. I would have to research further if such requirement also applies to domesticated LLCs, but I would suggest to count that in, just in case.

Keep in mind that you will need to specify a registered agent with a physical Nebraska address on the domestication application, so you would want to make sure you have that detail worked out and set up prior to submitting any applications.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!