Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Doing US business abroad in the UK

Asked by: Ines - 19 August, 2011 I am a Mexican citizen with legal residency in the US. I registered my jewelry design company as a sole proprietorship in NY, and I have recently moved to the UK for my husband's employment. I would like to know more information about running my business from taxation and anything else I may need to know. Thank you for your help.
Answered by: Alec Green - 23 August, 2011 Dear Ines,

I presume you are mostly concerned about the taxation part of your question. Since the focus of this website is primarily incorporation questions unfortunately I would not be able to answer that and I would recommend you to consult an accountant. In short, if you continue to file your personal taxes in the US the same should apply to your business (especially since its a sole proprietorship).

Other than that I don't see anything that you would need to do to continue doing your US business from abroad, unless you are required to register locally in the UK (but that is really outside the scope of this website).


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!