Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Doing Business in the US from Abroad

Asked by: Joe - 7 September, 2012 I would like to check with you if, as I think, I am allowed to:
1) open an on-line service (no products) US-incorporated (NC) business while being resident and living in Europe.
2) use my European address as both legal address and office.
3) avoid using a registered agent there.
Not Sure
4) avoid to open a bank account in US.
5) avoid to open an EIN
I think I need to open the EIN to report the business taxes to IRS.
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 7 September, 2012 Dear Joe,

1) Yes - that's correct. You can own a US company while living in Europe. Keep in mind, certain entity types such as S-Corporations require all shareholders to be US persons.

2) Yes - that's correct. Your European address can be used as business address.

3) Every company registered in North Carolina must maintain a registered agent with a physical presence in North Carolina. We provide this service for $99 a year.

4) Yes - that's correct. You don't have to have a bank account for your US company in the US, you can open one in Europe or elsewhere.

5) Foreign-owned companies must have their own EIN.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!