Doing business in another state

Asked by: beth  — 1 February, 2013

I live in IL, and my work will be in MO. Do you have advice on where I should form my LLC?

Answered by: admin  — 1 February, 2013


I presume by “work” you mean service that your future LLC will provide to your clients in Missouri. If Missouri is the only state where your company would be operating then this is the state where it should be registered in.

Keep in mind, if you keep a home office in Illinois you would probably be required to register your LLC in both Missouri or Illinois (as domestic or foreign entity). In other words, I would need to know some more details about your future business in order to give a more accurate advise.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0