Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Doing business in a state other than the one I formed my LLC in

Asked by: John C - 19 May, 2011 How do I file to do business in Maine if my LLC was formed in Michigan
Answered by: Ray Albert - 20 May, 2011 John

As a former Michigander, I am happy to answer this for you.

To have your LLC conduct business in Maine, you would have to file what is commonly called a Foreign Entity. You would do this by submitting a Certificate of Good Standing from Michigan, along with the necessary paperwork and filing fees to the Secretary of State office in Maine. (Maine charges $250 to file a foreign entity from Michigan).

Click here to learn more about registering a foreign entity in Maine.

I hope this answer was of some help to you.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!