New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Do we need a business license?

Asked by: caroline  — 12 March, 2013

We have a S-corp in Virginia. Do we need a biz license do to business in Maryland and Washington D.C?

We offer engineering, construction, and maintenance for the Telecom industry.

Answered by: admin  — 12 March, 2013


Without knowing the full nature of your business it is hard to answer your question specifically. If these are commercial projects, for example, contracted commercial construction, you would need to file your Virginia S-Corp as a foreign entity in those states and may be required to obtain certain city permits or business insurance policies once you have the foreign entity registration complete.

I would recommend you to consult with a business attorney, and research the specific regulations of each state and city where you would be conducting your business.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0