New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Delaware DBA

Asked by: Kat  — 30 January, 2012

I have an LLC in Delaware and I want to add a DBA. I was told I need to move my LLC to my county and go from there. What do I do now?

Answered by: admin  — 30 January, 2012


In Delaware the DBAs (trade names) are registered on a county level with a Prothonotary’s Office in the Superior Court for the particular county you are going to be doing business in. if your company doesn’t have physical presence in the state (true for vast number of Delaware entities) then use your Registered Agent county to file your DBA in.

Learn more about Delaware DBA here.

I hope you find this answer to be helpful.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0