Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

DBA versus LLC for USA citizen living in Australia with existing USA company

Asked by: dov - 7 October, 2011 Hi Lloyd:

Thanks for answering my question about my S-corp. I know about dissolving a corporation and I understand I can operate as a DBA. However my business involves a sporting product and I really need protection of my personal assets should a liability issue ever arise and I get sued. Does that mean a LLC is my only other option. Thanks for your reply.
Answered by: Lloyd Johnson - 7 October, 2011 Dov,

I would say an LLC would be the kind of entity you are looking for, since you decided to dissolve your S-Corp. In fact, depending on the state where its registered you might be able to convert the Corporation into LLC without dissolving it (few states indeed allow that).


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!