Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

DBA for S-Corp in New York

Asked by: Alexis - 23 December, 2012 I'm currently registered as an S Corp and all my paperwork, accounts, banking information, invoices is under the registered S name, But online and my printed material I shortened to initials of the business, I used a DBA to shorten the title, do I need to file the DBA name in New York, I want to make sure I'm within the law.
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 23 December, 2012 Dear Alexis,

When you use a name, different from the official name of your company, you should have the DBA registered. In New York sole proprietorships and general partnerships register DBA with their county clerks, while organized companies (Corporations, LLC, etc) file with the NY Secretary of State.  

So if your company is called "Alexis Ventures & Enterprises, Inc." you could register a DBA "AV&E" with the Secretary of State (although not "AV&E, Inc.", as DBA cannot have restricted company identifiers as part of its name). We provide this service here: DNA in NY.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!