DBA for Real Estate

Asked by: Richard Sebestyen  — 1 October, 2011

I have an LLC as an electronics company and want to change focus as DBA as a real estate company. In which counties would I have to file?…where my company address is? My clients come from all over.

Answered by: admin  — 1 October, 2011


Depending on the state where you do business you might need to register the DBA with your county/town clerk, the Secretary of State, or if in Texas then with both Secretary of State and your County clerk.

If you intend to use this company as the holding entity for real estate investments I would recommend you to consider placing each property into separate LLC for this property only, to protect it from any liability related to other properties

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0