New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Corporation tax for out of state LLC?

Asked by: Matt  — 24 June, 2012

I live in IL. If I create an LLC in Wyoming. Would I have to pay IL corporation tax?

Answered by: admin  — 24 June, 2012


LLC does not pay corporate tax, unless it is elected to be taxed as C-Corporation (a rare case, statistically speaking), as it is a pass through entity.

What it means is this: whenever your LLC makes profit, this profit is distributed to you, and you pay the income tax on it (IL and federal).

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0