New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Converting a DBA to a LLC

Asked by: franklyn d roberts  — 7 April, 2013

Hi, I have a DBA in New York State, I have a EIN, how would I go about converting it to a LLC, and what would it cost?

Answered by: admin  — 7 April, 2013


There is really no way to “convert” DBA to LLC, since DBA issued to a sole proprietor is just an alias, and the EIN is issued to the sole proprietorship.

What you could do is simply register a new NY LLC, and obtain a new EIN for it. You can then let your DBA expire and do not renew it (old EIN can also be shelved and not used).

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0