Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW            

Conducting business in OR and WA

Asked by: Goo - 22 May, 2012
We are incorporated in HI and have an office in Washington state, but working on a job in Oregon.

1. Do we need to register in Washington as well as Oregan?
2. Plan to work in CA. What procedure do we need to follow?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 23 May, 2012
Dear Goo,

To answer your question its important to understand the nature of your business.

Technically, if your business has physical presence in another state you should register it there as a foreign entity. Having an office is an example of such physical presence.

With that being said, having a job in a different state might or might not be considered as physical presence in the state. So to further help you I would need to know what kind of work you do, what is the duration, and how many such jobs do you expect to have in each of those states.


Connect With Us

We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!

Official PayPal Seal SecurityMetrics for PCI Compliance, QSA, IDS, Penetration Testing, Forensics, and Vulnerability Assessment