Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Company type for Futures Trading

Asked by: Michael - 9 January, 2013 Would you recommend an LLC or C-corp for a futures trader.
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 9 January, 2013 Michael,

I guess for your type of business LLC would suffice, but you should contact an attorney licensed to practice in your state, because each state has its own peculiarities.

I presume that you are licensed commodities brokers, and you have appropriate securities counsel. You will likely need a specialized LLC operating agreement that has special language and a bunch of securities disclaimers, especially if you plan on selling interest in this LLC to others. Usually, the securities attorney should draft the operating agreement in this circumstance.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!