Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Changing LLC to S Corporation

Asked by: ` - 12 March, 2011 our company is an LLC and want to change to S corporation, how do we go about it.
Answered by: Lloyd Johnson - 21 March, 2011 Dear Brian,

The process of converting your entity is a relatively simple one, but it really depends on your state of incorporation. For example, at this link you can read how to convert an LLC into a different entity in California
More importantly, think carefully about your reasons for conversion. An LLC is an easier entity to maintain, and you can elect for it to be taxed the same as an S-corporation is taxed.  Talk to your accountant and an attorney, if you have one, before making this decision. 


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!