Change CT Corp to MT LLC

Asked by: John  — 21 January, 2012

I am the only shareholder of a Connecticut C-Corp. I want to make that go away, and transfer the assets to a Montana LLC with a different name. What is the best way to do that?

Answered by: admin  — 21 January, 2012


I think the best solution for you is to dissolve the CT corporation and form a new LLC in Montana.

Keep in mind that since your corporation has assets you first need to form a MT LLC, then transfer the assets from the CT corporation (the process depends on the types of assets, you might want to consult an attorney about that), and then dissolve the CT corporation.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0