HOME LEARNING CENTER ANSWERS All Questions General Topics Miscellaneous Certificate of shares without par value

Asked by: CAROL SCHEETZ  — 20 July, 2012

My business in in NY. When I incorporated I never received the certificate of shares. How do I get them? The business was formed in 2006.

Answered by: admin  — 20 July, 2012


I presume you are referring to Stock Certificates. Technically those are no longer required in order to define ownership of the corporation. Instead you should have Corporate Bylaws, which is a legal document defining your business’ ownership, structure, roles, and specifies how your company will conduct its affairs.

If you would like to have Stock Certificates anyway they can be ordered separately here.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0