Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Canadians Starting Business in USA

Asked by: Polina - 20 March, 2013 I would like to start business in US as a Canadian citizen..(business in industrial area like California) what documents should I have to start my own business from the start and how to legally stay in US more than 6 months? (greencard?)
thank you
Answered by: Ray Albert - 28 March, 2013 Polina,

When registering a business in the U.S., you are not required to have U.S. citizenship. You may register a company without having to provide a social security number or U.S. address, and you are not required to submit any financial or identification documents.

We have a research article titled 'U.S. Companies for Foreigners' which explains the registration process and requirements, and also compares some of the top-recommended states and guides you to the online applications.

If you are going to be conducting business in California it's possible that is the state you would need to be registered in. Without knowing the exact nature of your business, it's hard to properly assess your situation and options.

You would need to consult a licensed immigration attorney regarding visa or U.S. citizenship procedures.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!