Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Canadian owner, EIN and IRS Reporting

Asked by: simon - 23 October, 2011 I am Canadian and I want to set up a LLC with a EIN in Delaware. In order to obtain an EIN, do I need to report my personal US income to the IRS, or is it only the US (Delaware) company that needs to report to the IRS?
Answered by: Lloyd Johnson - 23 October, 2011 Simon,

Once you have assets in the US (including shares or interest in US companies) you need to file personal tax return with the IRS.

So first you form a Delaware LLC and obtain an EIN for it, then when its time to file tax return you would do it for the company and for yourself (this is also when you will be able to obtain a personal tax ID, ITIN).


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!