Canadian-owned business

Asked by: Syma  — 20 December, 2012

Can I open distributor center in USA for Canadian business?

Answered by: admin  — 20 December, 2012


Yes, you may register your Canadian company as foreign entity in any of the 50 states or DC. Alternatively you can register a new US company, and list yourself or your Canadian company as the owner (this is actually more recommended for variety of reasons).

We have a research article titled ‘U.S. Companies for Foreigners‘, which will help compare the different entity types you could register, as well as a comparison to the top recommended states to register in.

You are not required to provide a U.S. address for the business, so you may use a home or business address in Canada as the business address. Keep in mind, if you plan on having a warehouse , employees or physical location for your company in the U.S., the company would need to be registered in the state where the property or employees are physically located.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0