New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Canadian corporation doing business in USA

Asked by: Jack  — 5 August, 2011

We are based in Canada and will be purchasing goods in USA States and selling the same goods to the same States. This may sound a bit strange but with our business model it works out.

Any suggestions on how to do this? or other recommendations?

Answered by: admin  — 5 August, 2011


Generally speaking, since your business model is about buying and selling in US I would suggest you do it using a US entity, for example an LLC domiciled in Wyoming or Delaware.

Depending on the type of goods you buy and sell and states you ship to and from you might be required to obtain Sales Tax ID in those states, and in some cases in order to obtain sales tax ID you might be required to register your LLC as a Foreign Entity.

To give you a more precise answer I would need to know more details about your business model, such as what type of goods you buy, do you resell them as a retailer or as wholesaler, whats states you will trade in (buy/sell), etc.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0