Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Canadian consultant with potential jobs in the US

Asked by: Emily - 3 March, 2012 Is it easier to do consulting work for American companies if I, a Canadian citizen, incorporate my company in the US?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 5 March, 2012 Dear Emily,

Although you could provide consulting services to US companies using a Canadian entity, I have encountered many cases where Canadian consultants where asked by their US clients to provide them with an easier way to pay (to a US based bank account). In some cases US clients would ask them to form a US based company, with which they would be doing business.

I would suggest you to inquire your potential US clients if they would mind working with a Canadian company and making payments to a Canadian-based bank, or they would rather have you form a US entity. Keep in mind that you would probably need to make a trip across the border to open a bank account for your US company, as banks in the US require physical presence of ?° company representative, with a few documents such as a photo ID, proof of address, etc.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!