Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Canadian company doing business in the US

Asked by: andrew clark - 5 February, 2012 I have a federal corporation for installing water park equipment. I need to open an affiliate company in the USA. Most of the work being offered to me is down south and I am rejecting projects because I cannot work south of the border. What can I do?
Answered by: Mary Dubitsky - 7 February, 2012 Dear Andrew,

Installation of water park equipment in the U.S. commonly requires a contractors license. Contractors licenses may be issued by the state, county, or city.

Many contractor licenses require as a prerequisite that the business entity is foreign qualified in that state. You can either qualify your Canadian company in those states, or register a domestic US company in one of the states where you do business (to save on one foreign qualification), or in one of states that offer friendly incorporation environment such as Delaware or Wyoming, and then foreign qualify it in the states where you are offered jobs.

Additional licenses that your business may need include obtaining an EIN, tax registration, and local business licenses. We can help guide you through the process of 1) determining what licenses are required for each project and 2) preparing and filing application so that your business receives licenses quickly.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!