Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Canadian citizen incorporating in US

Asked by: tejpal - 31 July, 2011 Can a canadian citizen form a corporation in US with another US citizen? What are the ways for that?
Answered by: Monique Blanchard - 7 August, 2011 Tejpal,

Technically you can form a US corporation with US citizen as your partner, however that corporation would have to be C-Corporation (for S-Corporation election all shareholders must be US persons). That means your company will be taxed both on corporate and on personal level, which your US partner (as well as yourself) might not like.

To solve that problem you can form an LLC (since LLC is taxed as partnership and is a pass-through entity).


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!