New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Canadian citizen doing business in US

Asked by: Andrei  — 27 July, 2012

I’m a Canadian citizen planing to open a little online retail store to server US customers. Do I have to open an US company or I can activate as a physical person?

Thank you!

Answered by: admin  — 27 July, 2012

Dear Andrei,

Generally speaking you can run an online business as a Canadian entity (like a Canadian equivalent of sole proprietorship or any other), selling to the US residents, without the need to register in the US.

As you grow you might want to consider registering in the US if that would be advantageous from a business point of view (taxes, credit, or other considerations).

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0