Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Canadain corp hiring US citizens to work in the US

Asked by: Dave - 8 December, 2012 Hi, I'm a Canadian corporation that is internet driven.
I want to do business in the states and would need to hire from within the states.

1. Do I need to register company or incorporate my Canadian company in the states? 
2. Am I allowed to hire without a physical address within the states?
I know that I would have to abide by all employment laws and collect payroll taxes. 

Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 11 December, 2012 Dave,

To hire employees in the U.S. (W-2) you need to register a new domestic company, or foreign-qualify your Canadian corporation (but its easier to register a U.S. company).

You would then be able to register for payroll taxes and hire a payroll company to handle the formalities for you.

Another options to hire contractors, and issue them 1099 instead of W-2. This way you don't need to register for payroll taxes.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!