Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Can a cancelled incorporated entity get an LLC under the same name?

Asked by: Mary L. Rigg - 14 March, 2013 Our Corporation was cancelled in 1999. Can we get an LLC with the same name to continue to run our business?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 18 March, 2013 Mary,

Usually states allow reusing names of closed companies after some period of time. The extent of that period would depend on a state, but given your corporation was closed for 14 years I would think your chances of reusing the name are fairly good.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!