New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Buying items wholesale

Asked by: Edward Bustos  — 15 December, 2011

What kind of license or permit do i need to obtain items wholesale, most likely online?

Answered by: admin  — 15 December, 2011


In order to purchase items in wholesale, you would have to obtain a state sales tax vendor identification number, often referred to as a reseller’s permit. If you live or are conducting your business in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon, you would not need to have this as state does not charge tax on purchased goods.

Keep in mind that you are required to resell most of the inventory you buy wholesale (thats why its called “reseller permit”). Details vary from state to state.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0