New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Business in California, registering in a different state

Asked by: Ron B  — 19 June, 2012

My business is in C??. Can I form a LLC in a different state?

Answered by: admin  — 19 June, 2012

Dear Ron,

If your business is located in California it would need to be registered in that state, either as domestic or as foreign entity.

There are some advantages of registering companies in states such as Delaware or Wyoming, but with California if the only reason you are looking to register it out of state is the high taxes (especially the franchise tax), I have to disappoint you – even as foreign entity your company would be subject to those taxes.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0