Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Business in California, registering in a different state

Asked by: Ron B - 19 June, 2012 My business is in C??. Can I form a LLC in a different state?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 19 June, 2012 Dear Ron,

If your business is located in California it would need to be registered in that state, either as domestic or as foreign entity.

There are some advantages of registering companies in states such as Delaware or Wyoming, but with California if the only reason you are looking to register it out of state is the high taxes (especially the franchise tax), I have to disappoint you - even as foreign entity your company would be subject to those taxes.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!