New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Best business option for a consultant working abroad

Asked by: John  — 26 September, 2012

I am right now in the US and have a SSN but on a L1 visa for now. looking to set a business in the US for consulting companies abroad like Holand and UK. What is the best option if I will not be in the US and tax implications.

Answered by: admin  — 26 September, 2012


Typically we suggest forming an LLC for business owners living outside the United States for their flexibility, low maintenance and simple taxation. States such as Wyoming or Delaware offer very business-friendly atmospheres, and you would not need to have a U.S. address, visa, or submit any identification or financial documents to have the company registered.

I’d like to refer you to our research article titled ‘U.S. Companies for Foreigners‘, as I believe you will find very helpful tips, suggestions and comparisons of the different state options, as well as the different types of entities to help find the best fit for your business plans.

We also offer a free tax webinar specifically for international residents looking to form a business in the United States.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0