New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Altering the company name

Asked by: gina  — 7 September, 2011

If you want to change the name of your business as you are a member of a corporation, can you just add a letter to the begining of the logo and start your own business under that name? or is that fraud?

Answered by: admin  — 7 September, 2011


A corporation is a legal entity, and its name is treated much like the name of a person. You cannot arbitrarily change it without filing Articles of Amendment with the Secretary of State.

Alternatively you can register a DBA which will be as an additional name your corporation would do business under.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0