New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Adding partner to S Corporation

Asked by: Sebastian  — 2 June, 2011

I own a S Corportaion in New York. I want to add a partner. What steps must I take to accomplish this?

Answered by: admin  — 2 June, 2011


With corporations in New York when you add or remove shareholders you would only need to amend your current bylaws. If its an S-Corporation you would also need to submit a new form 2553 (“S-Corporation Election“) to the IRS.
Unless your Articles of Incorporation specifically list shareholders there is no need to file Articles of Amendment with the state.
I hope this answer offers you some assistance to your needs.
Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0