Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Adding another person to S-corp

Asked by: Ray - 13 October, 2012 I have a S-Corp registered in California and would like to add my wife to the corporation. What documents do I need to file for this?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 13 October, 2012 Dear Ray,

Depending on how your corporation's Article of Incorporation were drafted the process might include amending the Articles with the Secretary of State and/or filing a new Statement of Information. In addition to that, your corporate bylaws need to be amended, since technically you will be selling some of the shares you own to your wife, adding her as a director, and/or appointing her as an officer of the corporation.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!