Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

WA corp. wants to open shop in CA

Asked by: Ryan - 1 June, 2012 We have a woodshop in WA and want to open a shipping and assembly shop in CA. What licenses will I need to do this?
Answered by: Mary Dubitsky - 4 June, 2012 Dear Ryan,

I presume your wood shop is registered as LLC or Corporation with WA Secretary of State. The company will likely need to register with the CA Secretary of State as a foreign entity. This is required if a company is regularly ???transacting business??? in California. A physical location in CA is generally considered to meet that threshold.

You may need to obtain a California sellers permit depending on whether the CA location will be "selling merchandise or other tangible personal property in California."

Your business may also need to obtain a local business license for the city or county that the CA shop will be located.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!