New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Redomesticate CA S Corp to FL?

Asked by: CSLABS  — 21 September, 2012

Is it possible to redomesticate a CA S Corp to FL without changing EIN? CA claims not to allow conversions of Domestic Stock Corporations to Foreign Stock Corporations, but does that apply if the entity is moving completely and no longer conducting business in CA?

Answered by: admin  — 21 September, 2012


The process is pretty much straight forward – filing Articles of Domestication with Florida Secretary of State, and then filing dissolution of the Californian entity (once the domestication is confirmed).

If you were still conducting business in California you would have to register a Foreign entity (no conversion is permitted as you mentioned), however, since you don’t plan to, you shouldn’t be concerned about it.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0