Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Foreign Registration

Asked by: Rob - 30 March, 2012 I run a company incorporated in Florida. We will be hiring people in different states soon to service some of our clients in those states on a 3 to 6 month contract. What should I do as far as registering with those states?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 30 March, 2012 Dear Rob,

Chances are you would need to file for Foreign Qualification in each of the states where you will have big clients. Depending on the type of service you provide and the state you might have to also register for a state tax ID and obtain specific licenses.

Sometimes if a company has clients in another state it might not need to register in that state, and other times it does. It mostly depends on the state and the level of involvement. In your case I believe it would be safer just to have those registrations completed.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!