Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Foreign entity filings necessary for OK LLC with occasional appearances at gun shows out of state?

Asked by: James - 13 March, 2013 As an existing LLC in OK, we would like to sell services (not physical products or firearms) at gun shows in several states, including CO, NY, CT, VT, and some others. With appearances at shows only 1x per month and no physical products sold, only services to be performed in OK, would foreign entity filings be necessary in each state?
Answered by: Robert Kowalski - 14 March, 2013 James,

This is a very tricky question, since such activity borders the kind that creates nexus, however to what extent and how it is treated by laws of each state is beyond my ability to evaluate. It would be a good idea for you to consult a business attorney, who will investigate the definition of nexus of each of the states you plan to do business in, and let you know if you create one or not in each of those states.

My gut feeling tells me that you won't need to foreign qualify, but do consult an attorney, just to stay on the safe side.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!