New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


Do I need another EIN for a DBA?

Asked by: Calvin  — 13 January, 2011

I want to form a DBA associated with my corporation that I just recently formed. I already have an EIN with the corporation, so can I do I need to get another EIN for the DBA? Thank you very much.

Answered by: admin  — 13 January, 2011


Good news.  You do not need to obtain an additional federal tax ID for your DBA. Since the DBA is just another official name for your existing company, the company only needs to have one EIN.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0