New Federal Requirement: Starting January 1, 2024, most business entities in the US will need to report Beneficial Ownership Information.


DBA for partnership

Asked by: Rusty Swanson  — 10 February, 2012

I am incorporated in Sole proprietor in one name and want to start up a doing business as company with a partner. What do I need to do?

Answered by: admin  — 10 February, 2012


From your question I understand that you would like to create what is called a “General Partnership”, which is an unincorporated non-limited liability entity. Typically you would need to draft a Partnership Agreement that would govern the relationship between yourself and your partner, and then register a DBA for this partnership. Depending on your state, this would be done with your state and/or county, or your city/town.

We can help you register the DBA with the appropriate authorities, you are welcome to visit our Doing Business As page here.

Ask Incorporation Question
Please enter your full name
Please enter your email address
Please select your phone number
Please select
Please enter text message
Begin Web-Stat code v 6.0