Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Can a Student open an LLC in USA?

Asked by: John York - 10 June, 2012 Thank you for this forum. I am doing my MBA from Cornell, and I am interested in registering a company, for producing software products for mobile, in USA. However, I am not sure if I can do that through an LLC or whether I need a work visa?

Please clarify?

Thank you.
Answered by: Ray Albert - 11 June, 2012 John,

Typically, you do not need to be a U.S. resident or citizen to register a company such as an LLC or a Corporation. Also, for the kind of business you are looking to conduct you might have a wider choice of states to register your LLC in.

While we are professional incorporators and could assist you in filing and registering your business, we are not professional attorneys. That being said, I would suggest consulting with an immigration attorney to find out if your visa puts any restrictions on your business plans, and if so, how you could go about changing your status to a more business-oriented one.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!