Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Best Entity for an Artist

Asked by: Liza - 17 March, 2011 I was wondering what I need in order to sell my photography or paintings at art festivals.
Answered by: Lloyd Johnson - 17 March, 2011 Dear Liza,

In order to charge sales tax on your merchandise you should obtain a Sales Tax ID in the state where you intend to do business.  

Additionally, you may want to register a DBA in your county or your state (depending on where you are) to officially transact business under your name (or another name of your choosing). Even better, consider opening an LLC or a Corporation which will not only allow you to do business under a company name, but will also give you the benefit of protecting your personal possessions from the debts or any other liabilities of your business.

I hope you find this answer helpful. Please feel free to email us with more questions.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!