Call Us Now: +1 (877) 330-2677 Live Chat: ONLINE NOW   

Dissolution of s corporation

Asked by: Eugene - 9 March, 2011 I have an s corporation registered in Ohio, but located in Michigan, and I want to file for dissolution. Do I need to do it in both states ?
Answered by: Alec Green - 27 March, 2011 Dear Eugene,

In the state where you have the foreign entity (that's the state other than the one where the corporation was formed), you need to "surrender" that entity. That's usually done simply by filing a short form with the Secretary of State.

In the state where the corporation was actually formed, you have to find the articles of dissolution. There, the process is a little bit more complex and requires you to have a tax return that's marked as "Final" on its face. Read more about that procedure in our short article about dissolution.


We Want To Connect With You!

Social Media is increasingly the preferred method for businesses to connect with their clients, peers and customers. We are dedicated to share information and useful tools to help you grow your business.

Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and let's begin the exchange to Help Grow America One Business at a Time - starting with yours!